My Belated New Year’s Resolutions
Although we are halfway into the first month of 2011, I still haven’t written down my resolutions for my life this year. I finally decided there is no time like the present and I’d like to share them with you:
1. Blog More! Since my last p
ost was on June 11, 2010, this goes without saying. But I do have an excuse, our 3rd child was born on June 24, 2010. But now that he is almost 7 months old I am going to make a commitment to blog at least once per week, and ideally 2-3 times per week. How does Tuesday and Friday sound?
2. Connect More! I am planning to spend more time with my family, and to really focus and not multi-task while I am with them. This means I am going to stop checking my email when they are talking to me! And although I love, love love social media, I have really found what energizes me is connecting in real life with people I have met online. I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity in 2010 to meet some wonderful people, such as @ergeekgoddess, @AnaRC, @mlackey, @CatalinainLA, @LatinaLeader, @JesSofiaValle, @sdbargainmama and many others. They have been inspirational to me.
3. Share What I Know! I have decided that this is the year I am going to share what I know about being a home-based grant writer with moms like me who would like to work from home. I feel so blessed and grateful to be able to do this work and not have to leave any of my three babies in full-time day care. It’s all been possible because I have been able to do contract grant writing on a part-time basis from my home. My new program is called MomGrantWriters and I will be launching it in early February…please be on the lookout for it!
4. Take Inspired Action! This is reflected in the above goal, but more than anything else I am going to make this a year to make things happen. It won’t be perfect, but taking action will be my goal this year. This goal is inspired by one of my fave people, @MariSmith. She always picks one word as her inspiration for the year, and she inspired me to pick two words: inspired action!
5. Cook More! Actually I am moving toward being a vegan, and this will require learning how to cook differently. I already enjoy eating more healthy food, but this year I am going to learn how to cook this kind of food. And another related goal is to get my family to eat more healthy foods as well.
Here is a to a great 2011 for all of us!